Building on Strengths
Currently our program has the capacity for 100 K-5 students. We are located in the midtown area of Ft. Lowell/Alvernon. Academy Adventures Midtown is a tuition free Arizona Charter School chartered by the Arizona State Board for Charter Schools though Ed Ahead, Inc. (a non-profit 501c3 corporation). Academy Adventures Midtown puts an emphasis on providing a safe, secure, positive learning environment.
Academy Adventures Midtown is based on the philosophy that each child grows physically, emotionally and intellectually in diverse ways and at different rates. Some children may not be speaking by age 2 and not all children are reading by age 7. Academy Adventures Midtown addresses these individual differences by providing our students with:
- Student Appropriate Activities
- Recognizing and Building on the individual child’s strengths
- Experiential Learning
- Differentiated Learning Activities
- High Teacher/Student Interactivity
- Multi-Age, Multi-Grade opportunities to learn
- Participation in the National School Breakfast/Lunch Program (Free for all students)
- STEM/STEAM For all Age Groups (including art, computer programming/coding, cooking/baking and theater)
Academy Adventures Midtown provides opportunities for children to recognize and build on strengths which helps to increase their confidence and improve their performance on the state standards as individual maturation dictates.
Mission & philosophy